Powered by Blogger.

Finish your meal

Finish your meal
Seafood
I really enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel, especially at hotels in Indonesia - Indonesian food because makananya nothing ngalahin delish! But ... I always made annoyed by the behavior of the guests.

That morning, I noticed a middle-aged man who sat at the next table. It comes with a mounting plate of fried rice and the side dishes were piled up over the rice. The food has not been touched, he was moved again to the corner to order egg omelette. While waiting for the eggs mature, she moved to the next table and took two layers of bread spread with strawberry jam. I hooked eat much else coated with portions of the father. Apparently he was sitting with his family who all took the food was plentiful until the table is full. Within five minutes they had stopped eating and chatting. I was shocked. There are still a lot of leftovers on the plate and at their table! I think eating is passed, not him rice and side dishes just stirred and sandwiches former two bites piled on top of rice.

Ah, the sights were "plural" in hotel in Indonesia when the breakfast buffet at the restaurant. Either this is a culture where it came from, but I often see a sight like this. People take the food was plentiful, but not spent. The same thing happened also during the wedding reception party. Still mending if the rest of the food is just a little, is often more than half. Are they could not measure the capacity of feeding oneself? Did this happen because the system is only a buffet meal?

Part of that is spent on food is not justified as "bad". Duh, then do not be taken at many dong! Though free and buffet, the food should not be taken a little bit? Another reason, "I'll fear hurried out taken by others"! Loh, you emangnya much for lack of food? Even more bizarre reason, "Rather than take his same-catering". Loh?

Anyway, there are three personal experience that made me very annoyed by people who take a lot of food but not eat. First, I always remember my late father always warned that the food should be spent. The reason is, "You fed just was not spent. Imagine people who are starving in Ethiopia can not eat! "Sahih.

Second, I used to work in the two fast-food restaurant for five years. I know really how difficult managing the restaurant, especially preparing the food. All staff must undergo training for months to make food with a consistent look and feel. Staff kitchen section sweat all day to cook, in fact rarely hurt their hands in contact with a burst of hot oil. Imagine if their struggle to be in vain if the food is thrown away!

Thirdly, I also worked on the plantation of vegetables. I realized how difficult it is to grow vegetables! Starting from seeds, planting, irrigating, fertilizing, until a few months later picked. I remember my client, one of the largest restaurant chain in Indonesia, every day ordered the vegetable caysim 1.5 tons. Imagine how much land is needed to grow caysim, how many resources deployed. Sadly, caysim is most often vegetables are not eaten, but have been painstakingly grown.

Back to the beginning of scenery, I noticed another table in front of me. A pair of strangers who secretly enter the bread wrapped in tissue in her handbag. Well, at least the food at the restaurant is required and will be spent - rather than drawn, stirred and not eaten.

I think, living plants and animals may be more meaningful in this world if they "die" not in vain, but it is useful for the good of man. So, please spend your food, at least at the plate itself ya?

No comments: